Lone wolf howling at the sky
Verse 1
The full moon is rising high above the trees,
I feel the shivers in the midnight breeze.
I walk this world without a friend or name,
Playing a wicked and lonely game.
The city lights are shining far away,
But in the shadows is where I stay.
Chorus
I am a lone wolf, howling at the sky,
Watching the world pass me by.
No place to run, with no place to call my home,
Oh, no wonder I’m born to run.
Hear me calling in the dead of night,
Searching for a little piece of light.
Verse 2
My shoes are worn and my soul is black and blue,
Trying to find a way to get to you.
But the path is twisted and the river is deep,
Promises I made I could not keep.
I ran cold on this dusty ground,
The baddest creature that could be found.
Chorus
I am a lone wolf, howling at the sky,
Watching the world pass me by.
No place to run, with no place to call my home,
But a wanderer, and born to run.
Hear me calling in the dead of night,
Searching for a little piece of light.
Bridge
They tried to cage me, put me in a cage,
But I am fueled by my history and rage.
Snap the chains and break the iron bond,
Running free beneath the shooting sun.
Chorus
I am a lone wolf, howling at the sky,
Watching the world pass me by.
No place to run, with no place to call my home,
But a wanderer, and born to run.
Hear me calling in the dead of night,
Searching for a little piece of light.

No comments:
Post a Comment
*ummm* .... really... is that so ...